To delete your Instagram account, follow these steps:
- Open the Instagram app on your mobile device and log in to your account.
- Tap the profile icon in the bottom right corner of the screen to go to your profile.
- Tap the three lines in the top right corner of the screen and select “Settings” from the menu.
- Scroll down and tap “Help Center”.
- Tap “Managing Your Account” and then tap “Deactivating Your Account” in the drop-down menu.
- Tap “How do I delete my account?”
- Tap “How do I permanently delete my account?”
- Read the information about deleting your account and tap “Next” at the bottom of the screen.
- Enter your password and tap “Permanently delete my account.”
Note: If you’d like to keep your account but just want to take a break from using it, you can deactivate your account instead of deleting it. To do this, follow the same steps as above, but tap “Temporarily disable my account” instead of “Permanently delete my account” at the final step.